2.2.10

Q&A

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm in a survey kind of a mood.

What are your favorite bands/singers?
Tough question. Although many interests come and go, I'll always put Tom Petty at the top of my list. His music calms me down but makes me feel like dancing all at the same time, it's pretty wonderful really. I'm also in love with Iron & Wine and City and Colour oh so much. Lately I've been listening to a fair share of Matt Costa, Jose Gonzales, and Fleet Foxes as well. Sorry that there's nothing obscure or underground or whatever to fill you in musically, but I like what I like.

What are three things you can't live without?
Only three? Oy.
1. Laptop. It's sad how dependent I am on it, really.
2. Journals. I have them everywhere and in many forms (moleskine, sketchbook, blog). It's ridiculous, really.
3. My camera, Gertie. I love her.

What's been your latest purchase?
My favorite new gadget, the milk frother! I am, quite literally, obsessed with it. I get antsy to make coffee in my room just for the sake of being able to use it.

What's the view from your window?
I'll be happy to show you. The weather was delicious today, overcast and foggy, perfect for pictures.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Where's your favorite place?
Depends on my mood, really. I could always go for some studying at a coffee shop though.

What are your favorite books?
There's so many! I most recently read The Blood of Flowers by Anita Amirrezvani and I fell in love with it. It was one of the most intricate and beautiful stories I've ever read, and tends to get a little out there. It reminded me a lot like Memoirs of a Geisha, another favorite of mine. I tend to be drawn in to stories set in completely different cultures; it's a fun way to learn, I think. I'm also a lover of classics, particularly A Tale of Two Cities and The Picture of Dorian Gray. Basically, I'll read anything and everything. I love to read, and do it often. That and Harry Potter, I'm a HP nerd like you wouldn't believe.

Also: Jonathon Livingston Seagull, The Bell Jar, Catcher in the Rye, Norwegian Wood, Pride & Prejudice, Cyrano de Bergerac...

Favorite movies?
Casablanca, It Happened One Night, Pride & Prejudice, Elizabethtown, Almost Famous, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Roman Holiday- this list could go on for quite some time.

You have a day with no plans, what do you do?
I read, study (to be honest, I thoroughly enjoy studying and love a good textbook. I read them for fun, even). That and I would get some friends together, go for a drive, and have a photo day.

When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A cartoonist.

Do you have any phobias?
Diving boards. They give me the willies.

Name three countries you would like to visit.
Italy, New Zealand, Japan

If you HAD to change your name, what would it be to?
Something different, like Gretchen or Delilah.

If you could go on a road trip with anyone (dead or alive) who would it be?
JK Rowling, hands down. We'd have a blast.

What is your favorite time of day?
I love the magic hour, and when I'm lucky enough to have my camera at such a blessed time of day. I also love late nights, that's when I feel the most inspired, I believe.

What do you do when you're feeling sad?
Read and watch a good cheesy movie. With chocolate strawberries, my ultimate comfort food.

Which is one television character you love?
Helga Pataki. She's so feisty, I love it.

What do you value most in a person?
Compassion, I find such a trait the easiest to spot as well. It has this wonderful capability of radiating from a person, and it's easy to be drawn to such an amicable quality.

Were you considered popular in high school?
Not really. I wasn't hated or anything, but in a class of 961 (give or take) I didn't particularly stand out.

What do you sing in the shower?
Leaving on a Jet Plane, every time.

If you were a crayon, what crayon would you be?
I'd go with a forest green

What book are you reading now?
The Historian. I like it already and it has so much to teach.


3 comments:

Anonymous,  February 4, 2010 at 7:49 AM  

looooove the pics of your window! Barb :)

Guess Who! February 5, 2010 at 11:43 AM  

Beautiful pictures! I especially like the view from your window...:)

Artpixie February 9, 2010 at 12:03 AM  

oomg wow beautiful shots
http://art-pixie.blogspot.com