26.1.10

Tell Her She's Beautiful

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



Today a wonderful, beautiful friend of mine, Megan (dubbed "Mowski") invited me to join this Facebook group Tell Her She's Beautiful , and I willfully accepted.

Although I think everyday should be Tell Her She's Beautiful day, I love the concept of this. Tell someone, anyone, that they're beautiful. I fully believe there isn't enough of this. I, for one, am definitely going to tell at least one person a day (preferably more) that they are beautiful.

I sadly have no pictures to edit, but I hope this will soon change. I can't wait to take some more of all the beautiful (ha, word of the day? I think yes) things and people around me. I seriously believe this is why I love taking portraits so much; I just want to make people see how beautiful they are. Most people freak out when they see a camera, and I want to take that fear away and show everyone how beautiful they truly are. Perhaps this is why I veer away from any photo manipulation-I find it ridiculous and takes away the point I find very crucial to photography, which is capturing a person in their entirety. Not that my "views" of photography are the only ones that matter by any means, this is merely my perspective.

So with this in mind, I decided to do some self portraits. For one, I never take self portraits. They make me nervous, I never know how to pose, and I always find tiny little details about my face or body to pick apart until I finally figure there's not a single physical aspect of myself I find likable, much less beautiful. I would have to say this is a normal fear amongst teenage girls. Crikey, it's an epidemic, really.

Screw that, I figured. I didn't pull out Gertie, my Canon Rebel (and my baby). I just flipped on my Mac Photobooth; a fairly simple photo application, and decided to take a self portrait. No editing. Just me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

6 comments:

Matt Kaiser,  January 26, 2010 at 6:06 PM  

You're stunningly beautiful...

Meg January 26, 2010 at 6:48 PM  

You're making me blush.

Anonymous,  January 27, 2010 at 8:13 PM  

ahhhhh your freckles :)

Meg January 27, 2010 at 9:05 PM  

tee hee, thanks Anonymous!

Anonymous,  January 28, 2010 at 11:02 AM  

anonymous is your momma ~ tee hee

Meg January 29, 2010 at 11:49 AM  

Haha, thanks Mom, I shoulda known